Financing your studies has two elements. Firstly, you will need to pay your tuition fees. The fees vary by course; a complete list can be found on the University website.

Secondly, you will need money to cover your living expenses – rent, bills, food etc. This is often called the ‘maintenance’ cost. The University requires evidence that you can meet the estimated minimum cost of living in Cambridge.

All offer-holders are required to complete and return a Postgraduate Source of Finance Form.


Scholarships are available from St Edmund’s, from the Cambridge Trust and from third parties. You can search for University funding using the Cambridge Funding Search. The University has also prepared an overview of some of the loans available to support postgraduate study.


Students in need of financial support can discuss this with their Tutor, who can help students apply for hardship funding.

The College also has a number of funding opportunities for current students to support travel, fieldwork, PhD extensions, language courses, sports, music